When we honor a teacher for excellence,
we honor our entire teaching profession.
A committee of administrators and teachers across the district met yesterday to share the honor of selecting Longmeadow’s recipients of the Pioneer Valley Excellence in Teaching Awards. Teachers nominate their colleagues for extraordinary excellence in teaching practices and enthusiasm for teaching and working with children. Ms. Manna is the recipient of the honor in the new teacher category; and Mrs. Fritz the recipient in the “veteran” teacher category. Our teachers will be honored at a dinner at the Log Cabin in May. Well-deserved honor for two exceptional educators…
The snow around our school is lovely, but presents safety issues during drop off and pick up times. Please help us with the following:
- The snow bank on the corner of Longfellow creates a blind spot on the carline. Students should not be dropped off at any area around the school except directly in front where I wait with the safeties.
- Please do not enter/ cut into the carline from Longfellow Street. This practice is frustrating to families who follow the carline procedures AND importantly, it increases the risk of an accident.
- Longfellow Street drop offs/pick ups in the winter (and throughout the year!) are unsafe. Students should not be climbing snow banks and crossing the street where there is no crosswalk.
- Please please refrain from cell phone use while you’re in the carline. Our children’s safety depends on your full attention.
- Dress your child warmly for outdoor recess. Hats, gloves, snow pants, and boots please, so your child may enjoy the snow with friends.
Thank-you for adhering to the school’s procedures. The carline may be a bit longer, but our students will remain safe!